Thursday, July 9, 2009

Visions: Somewhere (Original FWL)

--------Somewhere by Within Temptation--------
Lost in the darkness, try to find your way home
I want to embrace you and never let you go
Almost hope you're in heaven so no one can hurt your soul
Living in agony 'cause I just do not know
Where you are

I'll find you somewhere
I'll keep on trying until my dying day
I just need to know whatever has happened,
The truth will free my soul

Wherever you are, I won't stop searching
Whatever it takes, need to know
---------------

These lyrics are abridged because this is a song which has been treated very badly by its distributor (Warner Music Group) on Youtube, which has a graveyard of shattered Somewhere music videos (including some which contain official Within Temptation video content!)

The song describes the mindset of the character named Alice throughout most of Featherwing Love.

In this context, "scratch" selectively erases the memories of its victims to protect the secrets of the featherwings.

-------Chapter 11D Alice and the Scratch-------
27: “I said we never need to kill anyone to protect our secrets … this is why, Alice,” Kisure is moving the desk back into position, careful not to bang his wings into objects the room’s camera can see. “I’ve been scratched,” Alice realizes, getting pretty weak. “Yes ... please understand that without your confidence, we had no choice.”

28-29: “They [the wings] are so amazing,” Alice sighs, “Please let me remember my promise,” she stammers as Kisure helps her ease her head onto her arms, “If I find out again, I will not- ” her eyes close, squeezing out a single tear. “I will not … ever” she repeats, losing consciousness. “Oh, Alice.” Kisure sobs, “I wish I didn’t have to do this.”

--------Chapter 21B Intervention-------
21: “Please don’t make me explain … you’ll think I’m crazy,” she begs. She flashes back to 11D.28-29, “I will not … ever.” The present. Alice throws the phone off the balcony. She turns around and says to Tamitha, “Don’t answer … these two merely had too much to drink to get you over the railing … that is the story [panel break] and if you ever see him again, tell him that Alice remembers her promise.” Tamitha nods.

1 comment:

  1. This song also applies to the first wife of the human plane crash survivor of Autumn Rain.

    ReplyDelete