Friday, May 15, 2009

Visions: Precious Child

This is the first post in order of the Featherwing Love vs. Doom 3 vs. Haibane Renmai Remix

The second post is Chapter 1: http://featherwinglove.blogspot.com/2009/05/featherwing-vs-haibane-vs-doom-3-remix.html

This is not a translation! I know enough Japanese to recognise this when I found the version with the original lyrics after I wrote this one. These words came to me to match the tune of the song located at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fL5n-X37h0 "Free Bird" by Koo Ootani, for Haibane Renmei. This one, I'll call "Precious Child"

To the tune of "Free Bird" by Koo Ootani, the Haibane Renmei opening theme song.

(violin)
I created you, my precious child, with all my love and care
I love you, I love you, I love everything you are
I always want, to be with you child, show you my love and care
Think of me, think of me, think of me and I will

(band, violin melody)
Always hear you and dry all your tears
I will always be there even if it doesn't feel like I'm real
Always come back, my precious child
Everytime you feel afraid of the world
Afraid of the world

(piano melody left instrumental) ... (end of opening for Haibane episode)

(flute)
I created you, my precious child, with all my love and care
I love you, I love you, I love everything you are
(piano)
I will always be there, child
Even if you run far away
I will never leave you child, for sure

(flute)
So come to me today, I want to hold you
Just rest your cares on my lap

(left instrumental) ...

Next post: http://featherwinglove.blogspot.com/2009/05/featherwing-vs-haibane-vs-doom-3-remix.html

I think a whole bunch of things inspired these lyrics. First, 安倍 吉俊 (Japanese for Yoshitoshi ABe , author of Haibane Renmei), and myself, both tend to create characters with depth, that we care for deeply. Apparently, it could be said, I put mine through hell, while he puts his through "merely" purgatory. Then there is my God. That's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment