Sunday, April 5, 2009

Featherwing Love: "Known" chapters

I have scripted about 40 chapters for Featherwing Love, and more continue to be added as the concept map is filled. "Concepts" (and I'm coming up with and refining those still very frequently) need to be presented through "Chapters", and those in turn have to fit into the plot. some concepts don't have chapters, and some will never have chapters in Featherwing Love because I want to leave room for sequels, and possibly fan fiction. I have a few for that phase of life called "adolescence", but I actually want to avoid those for now...this is why Haifun and Juubi are in their mid-twenties, a departure for most shojo manga (where the characters...at least the main girl...are in high school.) These are the ones I can blog about:

Rescue Glide: The first chapter, where Haifun jumps from her first marriage and high-rise home into the arms of her second love, Juubi, a featherwing being in a philanthropic mood that evening.

The chaotic, nailbiting courtship which I can't blog about yet...

Honeymoon Dance: The morning after their wedding, both Haifun and Juubi have wings. After a hug and a kiss, they both take off and fly, dancing in mid air.

A couple more chapters which I can't blog about yet...

Let's Tell The Story: Well into married life, Haifun and Juubi decide that they need a permanent record of their romantic tail...uh, tale, and scrounge the world for suitable artists and authors to take on the task. They ultimately settle for the manga rookie Terry Wilson. I playfully say this is how I got my inspiration for the story, but that too, is part of the fiction.

What is not fiction is the aspect that this story doesn't quite seem to be one I've made up, but is one which has, in my mind, rather walked up to me and asked to be told...a spark of creative concepts that want to be shared, that want a fictional story built around them to be a vehicle for their telling. I believe that they contain truths about human love which we have an awful tough time learning by any way other than experience, and sharing any other way than by fiction, a proxy experience. I've decided not to put it in this blog, but I welcome you to ask...and if you explore After Columbia Project, you can find out on your own...about my religion. If you share that same religion, I'd love to discuss with you more specifically where the spark of creative concepts comes from, and why I think it came to me.

Honeymoon Dance and Let's Tell The Story are the "promotional" chapters, which I will complete first. After this, I will complete Rescue Glide, and storyboard several more chapters, which is when I will start launching proposals to publishers. Hopefully, I will reach this phase before the end of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment